Dunmore East Sea School offers tuition to motor cruiser and yacht owners alike wishing to gain more knowledge & confidence on their own boat.
Instruction can take place over a day or a number of days & could even take the form of a mini-cruise. The cost does not change for involving other members of your crew. Your instructor will focus on those skills you feel you would like to brush up on. Here are just some examples of topics that can be covered.
- Mooring and marina berthing
- Anchoring and where to anchor
- Safety and Man over board recovery
- Points of sail and sail trim
- Chart reading and pilotage
- Spinnakers and how to tame them
- Nautical terms, Seamanship, and Rope work
- Engines and servicing
- Planning a short passage